X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• t9 predictive text on w810i

Hi, can someone please tell me how t9 works on this phone?

I'm a longtime nokia user who's had a samsung e720 for the last year (never again, appaling sound quality both speaker and mike) and the predictive text never remembers what settings you chose, or let you input new words!

The only positive i can take from the samsung is that instead of nokia's system, i'm now used to pressing * to change between t9 on/off, 0 for new words, and # for a space.

From reading the w810i manual it looks like * and # do the same thing, but please tell me that 0 changes word? i'm really hoping that i don' thave to use the joystick to select a word each time!

The # button puts in a space between words and the * button allows you to select capital letters followed by lower case,capitals only or lower case only.You do have to use your rocker control to scroll down the list of words but have noticed on mine the most commonly used ones find their way to the top of the list.

Hope this helps.

Give it a couple of weeks and you'll wonder how you ever got by without a SE.

Comment

Hi, don't worry about getting used to the d pad to scroll through the word you want. I was a long time samsung user and I managed to get used to it in a matter of hours! It's really easy to use, all the words that need spelling are entered into "my words" and like someone said before the common words you use find their way to the top of the list. It also remembers that you've put T9 on and will automatically put a capital letter after a full stop (which my d500 didn't)

Comment

Working...
      X