X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F480 Tocco Unlock

Just received the F480 Tocco for my wife, but she does not like the phone. I am swapping phones with her, but the new contract is Orange whilst mine is O2.

Can anyone tell me how to unlock the phone, so I can use it?

Alan

Managed to ffind someone who can unlock the Phone, but it seems as if the Phone is SIM locked.
    Any Idea's on how to resolve this, or would as the advise above, be better to phone up Orange?
    Regards

Comment

this is an amazing Samsung unlock process, used it on som many different models:

Take a non-accepted sim card
      • Put half of it in the phone and turn on the phone (you can hold the battery in place with one hand, whilst pushing the sim in with the other).
      • When you see insert sim, put in the entire card
      • Press the code *2767*3855# now the phone will restart and you should come to the menus.
      • Check what lock is active by pressing *#7465625#
      The phones are normally “subset” and “network” locked; if it's the same on yours then use this code. Type *7465625*782*00000000*00000000# and after type #7465625*782*00000000# now subset lock should be unlocked. Type *7465625*638*00000000*00000000# and after type #7465625*638*00000000# now the network lock should be unlocked. Turn of the phone and turn on again to see if the phone is successfully unlocked.
      Subset must be unlocked first it will not work if you do the network lock first.
      If you find that SP Lock is still on afterwards follow the below; After you do the reset, check and make sure that your network lock is active by pressing *#7465625#. If it isn't active you must use this code to reactivate it:
      *7465625*638*00000000*00000000#.
      Then you have to deactivate the sp lock first.
      To do that you need to input *7465625*77*00000000*00000000#, (this will reset the lock)
      then you enter #7465625*77*00000000# (to disable the sp lock).
      Then you disable the network lock #7465625*638*00000000# and the phone is finally unlocked.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I entered the info, but it says it is the wrong p/word.
        When I first tried it keeps saying that the phone is in SIM Freeze Mode.
        Any idea how I get the Sim Freeze off of the phone?

Comment

Originally posted by Honestman 34 View Post
          Thanks for the info. I entered the info, but it says it is the wrong p/word.
          When I first tried it keeps saying that the phone is in SIM Freeze Mode.
          Any idea how I get the Sim Freeze off of the phone?
          Thats the problem with the free codes so many people "helpfully" propagate over the internet.
          Some cause software problems, as far as I remember "Phone freeze" on a Samsung needs to go back to Samsung for flashing and I don't think it would normally constitute a warranty repair.

Be grateful the free code didn't mess with your IMEI number and either reset it to 000000-00-000000 or just stop the phone getting a signal.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc
            Call up Orange and ask them for an unlock code.
            Do they charge for it while your in contract ?

Comment

Phone freeze usually means you have used up the number of allowable attempts at unlocking the phone by code, or made a significant error in entering a code sequence. In my experience most Samsung service centres will not be able to deal with it- I had a long running query with one a while back.

The guys who unlock phones by using various "flash" software update files will be able to clear this and unlock it at the same time as it's all the same process - had loads done this way. There is allways a risk to any "unauthorised" unlocking / debranding.

By far the safest way to unlock is to cough up the payment required by the network and get the official code - it can work out cheaper and less hassle in the long run - but even then you do get some problems with incorrect cods now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote View Post
                Phone freeze usually means you have used up the number of allowable attempts at unlocking the phone by code, or made a significant error in entering a code sequence.
                I have seen these free codes cause "phone freeze" after only one wrong code. These coded are dangerous and using one on an expensive phone is pretty foolish economy.

And yes, the OP can try getting the phone flashed locally. Unfortunately it is not going to be cheap.

Comment

Working...
                X