X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 500 mb of internet use

Well basically my upgrades due now and I rang up orange and they said I can have the nokia 5800 for free and I was wondering is the 500mb internet package enough? Just for general browsing the internet (forums etc) for an hour or 2 a day and watching a youtube video or 2 a day?
    I have googled this but various answers have come up. I also tryed asking the guy on the phone that worked for orange and all he had to say was 'it will be enough' to whatever I said, even when I asked how many mb would a youtube video take.

Any help is appreciated alot

Thanks

I've got an iPhone with a standard O2 web bolt on (200meg) and everyday i'm on the net, downloading emails with attatchements and the occasional youtube for some music and i've never gone over 250 mb a month, so 500 should be fine for "general use".

Comment

It all depends on how many MB each video is. There is no hard and fast answer which is why the CSR couldn't tell you. I hammer my phone for email and internet and 500MB is plenty

Comment

Same here. I was once in hospital for 3weeks, and with no family nearby and my mates working long hours i just had my phone for company most of the day. Absolutely hammered it hours on end. Loads of internet email etc etc and only just went over my 250mb limit. If its only a couple of average youtube vid's each day you'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Katgrit View Post
          Same here. I was once in hospital for 3weeks, and with no family nearby and my mates working long hours i just had my phone for company most of the day. Absolutely hammered it hours on end. Loads of internet email etc etc and only just went over my 250mb limit. If its only a couple of average youtube vid's each day you'll be fine.
          on the flip side, 500mb is only 16mb a day... and if you're listening to podcasts or dealing with podcasts then you can blast straight through that if you're not careful... and i'm sure the iplayer client and streaming tv/radio could blast through it.

Badly written and non mobile web pages can also be 1mb in size so 500mb is nowhere near the 'you don't need to worry about it'

I'd reccomend some sort of data counter on your device so you can work how you're using your data, and how close you are to the limit...

T-mobile and O2 will ask you to stop if you go over your limit, Orange and Voda will charge you the extra once you do!

Comment

Working...
          X