Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to install divx player on n73

hi,
    i am new to this stuuf.....

where can i find a divx player to install on my n73 and HOW do i do it?

many thanks all..

You cant , there are several apps that let you play various formats, http://www.symbiangear.com/product.h...5,21106,103632 for example, not sure if it works on N73 but there might be a new version

Comment

Bear in mind that you will have to re-code divx files though, as the N73 doesn't have enough processing to play stuff that renders nicely full screen on the PC. I have to drop the video down to something like 240-288kbps (resized to fit 320x240), and audio of 96kbps AAC. Looks and sounds fine.

Comment

Originally posted by clonmult
        Bear in mind that you will have to re-code divx files though, as the N73 doesn't have enough processing to play stuff that renders nicely full screen on the PC. I have to drop the video down to something like 240-288kbps (resized to fit 320x240), and audio of 96kbps AAC. Looks and sounds fine.
        thanks guys..

but how do you install the apps? and where can i download the apps from?
        every time i tried to install the app through pc suite it says it is not supported on the phone!!
        any good links?? :wink:

clonemult>
        what do you use to downgrade the files??

Comment

You are getting that error as most apps designed for 6630/6680/N70 will not work on the newer N73/N80 etc due to the new version of the symbian operating system.

You will just have to wait for newer versions of the programs you need.

Depending on what PC you have either Windows or a Mac there are plenty of programs around that will allow you to re-encode video files, a simply google search should work. If you have a mac, you can use a program called VisualHub to do conversions for you, as I dont have a PC I cant say what the Windows equivalent is called.

Comment

Working...
          X