Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8320 - No service problems

hey guys,

a BB newbie here, hope someone here can help. Finally made the jump onto the BB wagon but since my upgrade was not due till xmas I decided to pick up a used BB off ebay. A cheap way for me to find out if i was suited to the BB OS and features. So I managed to get a mint 8320 off ebay, arrived a couple of days ago and I've been playing with it since.

Thought i would get it unlocked as it was originally on the BT Mobile network but having stumbled upon this page I found that the phone was unlocked (network shows as disabled):

http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/H...unlocked%22%3F

However, I have tried both Vodafone contract and T-mobile pay-as-you-go SIM cards but keep getting 'Searching for Network' message initially and then 'No Network' message. The Voda SIM does sometimes show a GSM signal but won't allow calls (maybe this is due to BT Mobile piggy-backing on the Voda network?).

Anyone help? I've tried removing the battery and replacing it after 5 minutes or so and still not working. Do I need to have BIS added to my account for the SIM card to work in the BB 8320? Or has the unlock process not worked?

Also, there desn't seem to be anyway of getting a BT SIM card to try in the phone as they don't do pre-paid and i don't know anyone with a BT mobile phone.

Thanks for reading, hope someone can help

There seem to be two separate issues here, i think.

The first and most important is that if the phone is showing that its unlocked, then either the sim card or the handset has been blocked. for my money, i reckon its the phone. You're going to need to ask the person you bought it from to call CS and make sure its unblocked.

The second part is that the person will need to unregister the blackberry from his details on the blackberry registrationsite he was previously using - I don't know what the one for BT Mobile is, and I can't find the sticky that might have it listed. Can someone assist with this?

Once they have unregistered, you'll need to get a blackberry tariff added to your account to get BIS emails coming through, and then register with the relevant network's site.

Comment

Originally posted by wubanger View Post
      There seem to be two separate issues here, i think.

The first and most important is that if the phone is showing that its unlocked, then either the sim card or the handset has been blocked. for my money, i reckon its the phone. You're going to need to ask the person you bought it from to call CS and make sure its unblocked.

The second part is that the person will need to unregister the blackberry from his details on the blackberry registrationsite he was previously using - I don't know what the one for BT Mobile is, and I can't find the sticky that might have it listed. Can someone assist with this?

Once they have unregistered, you'll need to get a blackberry tariff added to your account to get BIS emails coming through, and then register with the relevant network's site.
      not sure exactly what the issue was but have sent the phone back to the seller. I'm not sure if the phone was blocked as the seller seemed genuine in his communications and was happy to accept the return of the phone. Also when i put my Voda SIM card in the phone it would show the Voda sign and even show 2-3 bars of GSM reception but would not let me make any calls. I think the phone was locked to BT mobile and for some reason showing unlocked in Network Services

Anyway, phone has gone back and lesson learnt - if buying a BB phone its best to stick to buying new!

Comment

Working...
      X