X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iphone 3g Battery dying!

I have had my 3g now for just over a year, and will be coming up to end of my 18month contract with o2 in Febuary 10'.
    Now over night my battery keeps dying even when it was near full charged before hand.
    Now im in work it was fully charged before left but its going down very quick now!
    Is this a sign the battery needs replacing?
    If so, Im guessing it wont be done free of charge as its out of 12month warranty?
    Can i do it myself? if i take to a apple store can they do it there and then?

There seem to be a number of iPhone 3G battery replacement services on the 'Net/eBay but I cannot vouch for them. Also seem to be some 'self help' guides on YouTube.

I really would not attempt to do anything yourself or send to one of these unofficial services.

I would take your iPhone to an Apple Store and see what they say.
    They might offer to replace the handset or at the very least they will send it away for repair.

Don't bother going to an O2 store, they are clueless.

Comment

Originally posted by satsuma View Post
      There seem to be a number of iPhone 3G battery replacement services on the 'Net/eBay but I cannot vouch for them. Also seem to be some 'self help' guides on YouTube.

I really would not attempt to do anything yourself or send to one of these unofficial services.

I would take your iPhone to an Apple Store and see what they say.
      They might offer to replace the handset or at the very least they will send it away for repair.

Don't bother going to an O2 store, they are clueless.
      Yeah i had a look and it seems like soldering is required to replace the battery have done lots of soldering before but still risky!

So i guess its not even some thing they do instore, I was hoping not to have to send it away or anything

Will give my local store a call today!

Thanks.

Lee.

Comment

Has it got worse since loading the new 3.1 firmware?

There seems to be a lot of issues with 3.1

one thing you could try is a complete drain of the battery, till the iPhone shuts down, then charge to full

Comment

Or when you updated to 3.1 don't restore from a back up......

When asked restore it as a new phone.

Comment

you can also buy AppleCare which will extend your warranty to 2 years and has battery replacement covered.

Comment

All seems back to normal now after it completely died and now fully charged it seems ok! will see how it goes phew!

I normally let it run real low until it says either 10 or 20% life remaining but guess i might need to run it right down each month!

Comment

Working...
              X