Announcement Announcement Module

The What Mobile forum is back open for business!

Hello to all fellow mobile technology lovers,

We realise this forum has been dormant for quite some time and today we begin our long task of reviving it!

We urge you all to come back and start posting again. Mods will be back in full force and the banhammer will be used to filter out the horde of spambots parading through our digital streets.

As the new moderators and staff here at What Mobile magazine, we have made it our duty to reinvent this into the once-bustling forum that is used to be.

Enjoy the rest of your week and we look forward to getting things moving again.

Thomas Wellburn and Joanna Tatum

What Mobile Mods
See more
See less
Acer announcement Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acer announcement

Acer held a press conference in New York today with lots of new stuff on show. Along with the new laptops, various sizes of tablets and an app store they also previewed a new unnamed Android phone.

Acer are using the tag "100 percent smartphone. 100 percent tablet" to describe the 4.8 inch phone which comes with a with a 1024x480 resolution. No news as to what version of Android it will run but as it's not available till April it should be at least 2.3.

maybe 2.4 version?

i'd say if they are thinking of both gsm and tablet application, they would launch the 2.4 (Gingerbread) originally designed for honeycomb tablets. just my thought..

Originally posted by ernesthelmer
      Well it seems as not much beneficial as everyone is into releasing these...well!As well as the 10.1 inch models, Acer announced a smaller 7 inch version which is set for launch in Q1 2011.
      Don't you mean Q1 2012?

I saw lot of Acer laptops and tablets but not used yet. but I love Acer aspire S7 which is announced in 2013. Anyone have idea that what things and features differentiate Acer brands from other brands???/

I'm big fan of acer too. At first I had Acer aspire one, and now I bought Acer v5. Works perfectly, I even install the screensaver of my phone to decktop. So two my favorite things always with me