X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giffgaff extends free data to end June

giffgaff has just extended free internet to end June because O2 can't sort out the billing

When O2 launched GPRS they couldn't bill anyone - so they launched a range of GPRS data bundles, without (obviously) pointing out that anyone on the cheapest one could use as much data as they wanted!

Anyone remember when BT Cellnet couldn't bill for prepay and put the billing control on the handset?

Comment

I know someone who had such a handset and made many many calls to who wants to be a millionaire for free! (he never got on the show tho)

Comment

I'd never heard of giffgaff until late last week - talk about best kept secret. Either that or my heads been in the sand until then.

Comment

Giffgaff

I'm a giffgaff VIG - Very Important Gaffer - which means I get unlimited calls, texts and internet with the network. I have held this status since the network was launched. If anyone wants to know anything about the network, visit giffgaff.com and the forum members there - including me - would be happy to help you and answer any questions you may have.

Comment

ideal if you keep changing phones - check out the 10 "goodybag"

Comment

The 10 goodybag offers the best value for money in my opinion.

Comment

Free data has now been extended til the end of September

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Blo...c-p/29276#M763

Goodybags are also half price during July

http://giffgaff.com/index/pricing

Comment

I am definitely gonna go on giffgaff when my voda contract comes to an end next year. Really wished I didn't rush into signing a 2 year contract with them as I would have saved a lot of money.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Comment

What you need to consider though:
                    • No Tethering
                    • GG use O2 for 3G
                    • O2 are CRAP for 3G

Also not sure if in the T&C they allow streaming or not so you might end up with unlimited internet as long as internet is just websites and tweets, no videos, no streaming an no downloads.....

Considering all the restrictions and the network they use it should be called Unlimited WAP because its like being back in the old days

Comment

Videos, streaming & downloads are all ok. (I bet if you got a torrent client on your phone they'd not like you though)

...and I shouldn't say this, but tethering works fine - just don't tell them you do it!

Comment

Working...
                      X