Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

The What Mobile forum is back open for business!

Hello to all fellow mobile technology lovers,

We realise this forum has been dormant for quite some time and today we begin our long task of reviving it!

We urge you all to come back and start posting again. Mods will be back in full force and the banhammer will be used to filter out the horde of spambots parading through our digital streets.

As the new moderators and staff here at What Mobile magazine, we have made it our duty to reinvent this into the once-bustling forum that is used to be.

Enjoy the rest of your week and we look forward to getting things moving again.

Thomas Wellburn and Joanna Tatum
------------------------------------------

What Mobile Mods
See more
See less
3 Mobile Broadband SIM in iPhone 3GS Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Mobile Broadband SIM in iPhone 3GS

Is it possible to order a mobile broadband SIM on contract and then put it in an iPhone, I don't need a call or text package as I have a Blackberry for all my other needs.

Having the iPhone connected on data would help as I prefer using Google Maps and other apps where the touchscreen is a better option.

I mean would 3 UK cut me off if I opted into a 7.50/month 30 day roller and placed it in my iPhone?

Your advice and views would very much be appreciated, I've tried doing a search but couldn't use a term which didn't bring up too many threads.

I've used my dongle sim in an iPhone before, it worked fine but was only for a week or so,

Comment

Originally posted by juzzy25 View Post
      Is it possible to order a mobile broadband SIM on contract and then put it in an iPhone, I don't need a call or text package as I have a Blackberry for all my other needs.

Having the iPhone connected on data would help as I prefer using Google Maps and other apps where the touchscreen is a better option.

I mean would 3 UK cut me off if I opted into a 7.50/month 30 day roller and placed it in my iPhone?

Your advice and views would very much be appreciated, I've tried doing a search but couldn't use a term which didn't bring up too many threads.
      No. I did the same on my iPhone 4 last year for almost 6 months, no problem.

Comment

I think you should have no problems using a mobile broadband SIM in any device. It's the other way around (e.g. a One Plan SIM with all-you-can-eat-data) where it can't be used in a dongle/Mi-Fi etc.

However, Three allows tethering which is odd as you could simply use your phone as a WiFi hotspot/router to get other devices online 24/7.

Comment

Working...
        X