Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can i find out my O2 phone number?

Basically, i've got 2 old PAYT O2 chips, and i need to know the phone numbers on them if possible... one of them used to be a pretty cool number iirc (not mondo cool, but i liked it )

VF have a code to find out the number from the handset, *#100#, but this information is as much use to me as a change your life book is to Saddam at the moment....

Phone home then do 1471

Comment

out of credit - haven't got a clue what the number is, so i can't add a top up card to the account :(

Comment

can u not call another phone from them ?

Comment

Two ways:
          1) Dig out a recent Motorola phone, there is an option in the menu's to read the phone number from the SIM (think its under settings somewhere). WM 5 devices have this option to.

2) Call O2 CS, and read them the SIM number, they can tell you the phone numbers, and re-activate the cards if nessscery.

Comment

i asked for the numbers, and cos if data protection act, i couldnl't get the phone numbers :(

The worst thing is that one of the numbers was one of my favourite numbers (it just sounded cool to me is all), and neither of these sim cards is the one apparently.

Why can they not just transfer my old number to this sim card, as i know neither are being used at the moment???

how in hell am i going to find a motophone over the weekend :?

Actually, i have a cunning plan involving bribery, my daughter, and her last years birthday present...

Comment

sony ericsson k800i just press the up key on the right hand side of the phone.

Works with k750i iirc too ?

And some nokias have the my number function in he menu somewhere mate. It dont have to be a moto

Comment

try ringing 4444, see whether it announce your mobile number.

Comment

You can also look in the SIM directory for OWN number on most recent nokias.

Comment

on O2 AFAIK My number feature doesn't work. As numbers are not pre assigned to sim cards..

Comment

Originally posted by Shock
                      on O2 AFAIK My number feature doesn't work. As numbers are not pre assigned to sim cards..
                      works on both mine and also my BB

:wink:

Comment

Originally posted by Ghosty
                        Originally posted by Shock
                        works on both mine and also my BB

:wink:

No Shock is right, kinda. On both my O2 SIM's, the numbers were blank, but I was able to assign the mobile number to the SIM manually. The entries were blank before, both on my 3G SIM and regular old GSM SIM.

Comment

I may have done it then :/

Comment

Originally posted by Ghosty
                            I may have done it then :/

You plonker! :PP

Comment

Working...
                            X