Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

The What Mobile forum is back open for business!

Hello to all fellow mobile technology lovers,

We realise this forum has been dormant for quite some time and today we begin our long task of reviving it!

We urge you all to come back and start posting again. Mods will be back in full force and the banhammer will be used to filter out the horde of spambots parading through our digital streets.

As the new moderators and staff here at What Mobile magazine, we have made it our duty to reinvent this into the once-bustling forum that is used to be.

Enjoy the rest of your week and we look forward to getting things moving again.

Thomas Wellburn and Joanna Tatum
------------------------------------------

What Mobile Mods
See more
See less
Orange Signal Strength Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange Signal Strength

Im in Chorley Lancashire and have recently signed up to an 18month orange call plan pn a new number new phone (Samsung G 600) and constantly have no signal.

At my parents its signal less in all but one room and at home it drifts in and out. It usually comes back if I turn it on and off but if I dont look at it for an hour then often it isnt in signal for an hour.

Ive tried orange without much success. "Signal is not guaranteed" etc I want to keep the phone the contract and the number (Ive recently set up a company and its on all material but cant carry on with things as they are.

Has anyone else had a similar problem or have any advice on what I can do?

Thanks.

Try your sim card in a different phone and see if that improves (SE's have always been great for me). If signal improves drastically, faulty phone, if it doesn't then it's a network issue with a poor area.

Comment

Cheers. I'll try that. According to orange the signal strength in my town is excellent. Will see if any of my mates are on orange tomorrow and let you know how I get on.

Comment

Tired it in a different phone and still poor signal/recpetion.

Where do I stand form a legal point of view here? Do I have to just put up with it or can I claim any kind of breach due to not getting the service Im paying for?

Comment

Originally posted by callitjames View Post
          Tired it in a different phone and still poor signal/recpetion.

Where do I stand form a legal point of view here? Do I have to just put up with it or can I claim any kind of breach due to not getting the service Im paying for?
          Unfortunately you have no legal recourse just because your mobile phone doesn't work inside 2 specific houses, remember you are paying for a mobile service, I can sympathise with the issue of no signal, but no network can guarantee service in a single specific location.

Does the signal improve when you go outside the house?

Comment

As Dave pretty much said, it's up to us as buyers to check thing work out properly first before we go buying/signing into deals....

You said you bought recently, how recently??AFAIK Orange do/did havea 14 day returns policy when bought direct through themselves.

Comment

Working...
            X