Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think their site isn't working for checking DC-HSPA as I've typed post codes where I know it works and it says it isn't ready.. In fact, I've not found anywhere that is so far!

Rather silly to update your website and really a big deal of ultra-fast Internet and then not get the site working!

Three has said it will speed up the roll out, as well as upgrading the backhaul of many existing sites - and sharing with more of the Orange sites (that joined late to the network share that was originally T-Mobile and Three) so I think 2013 will be interesting. When they get the 1800MHz spectrum, they will also be offering 4G on that - plus any of the 800MHz spectrum they might win in the auction.

As for EE, I am certain any tariff tweak (if they are going to do it) will be downwards, or at least slightly more favourable - not more expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by jonmorris View Post
      I think their site isn't working for checking DC-HSPA as I've typed post codes where I know it works and it says it isn't ready.. In fact, I've not found anywhere that is so far!

Rather silly to update your website and really a big deal of ultra-fast Internet and then not get the site working!

Three has said it will speed up the roll out, as well as upgrading the backhaul of many existing sites - and sharing with more of the Orange sites (that joined late to the network share that was originally T-Mobile and Three) so I think 2013 will be interesting. When they get the 1800MHz spectrum, they will also be offering 4G on that - plus any of the 800MHz spectrum they might win in the auction.

As for EE, I am certain any tariff tweak (if they are going to do it) will be downwards, or at least slightly more favourable - not more expensive.
      Some more on 3's ultra-fast internetting campaign. http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/4843...rafast-network

Now, question is -- I am testing 3's reception using a micro-sim in my iPad 2, which I don't believe supports DC-HSDPA.

Haven't tried in my iPhone 5 -- reception/speeds likely to be any better due to wider standards support? Or will be basically the same coverage?

Comment

3 must be loving the EE LTE coverage. Every article I read, mentions 3's fast speeds and unlimited data.

Comment

I did chuckle when I read on Pocket-lint about being in a Pimlico Cafe... that was the same location I was told to go by Three to get some killer speeds! It's right by one of their sites!!

Comment

Still no word from EE on when their sim-only plans will be available (so much for 2 weeks...) and, shockingly, still unable to actually see a 4G handset in action on LTE in their stores -- all of them are hooked up to WiFi with sims disabled.

I'm also a little taken aback by the volume of angry complaints on Twitter and their FB page from customers. Beginning to reconsider them as an option as (a) service doesn't seem very reliable or good and (b) CS sounds atrocious with frequent reports on their FB page of hour long waits on hold. Add to that the fact that their much touted offers/perks don't seem to be available to all customers (no film app, for example, for the iP5 and no explanation or alternative offered).

Think I may be back to the bosom of O2, given that it could be weeks or months before EE get their act together and release tariffs, and much longer before they have a reliable service in place for the money they're demanding -- however, with O2, is it possible to see where their DC-HSDPA network is being rolled out? Anyone seen or tried it?

I've seen the reference to "3G900" handsets on their site, of which my iP5 and my wife's iP4S are two, but my wife (who is on O2) doesn't get any superspeeds on her handset (although she does get reliable 3-5 mb down which is an improvement on VF).

Comment

Looks to be launching today

http://www.coolsmartphone.com/2012/1...im-only-plans/

Comment

"reached out to EE" - you got long arms then I think "asked" would have been enough

Still unimpressed by what's on offer though

Comment

What's new about them??

They look identical to the last lot -- so basically, they delayed them either for commercial reasons (uptake of 24 month contracts with handsets not good enough) or administrative. Neither excuse reflects well on them...

Argh -- torn as to whether to go down this route. I really need a better data package at work/home with roaming, but I am not totally inspired with trust with these monkeys...

EDIT: and if it is correct that roaming is not available, makes it even less attractive as an option, particularly when 3 are telling me they are doing a massive upgrade to 3 of the sites in my area this month.

Comment

how about giffgaff? they seem to have better data package, they use O2 as the back haul dont they?

Comment

Originally posted by blobq View Post
                      how about giffgaff? they seem to have better data package, they use O2 as the back haul dont they?
                      good tariffs but unfortunately I need reasonable roaming data too and GG don't offer good prices abroad. O2 are ok though.

Comment

The website doesn't seem to be working very well (as usual) but looking at that link tends to suggest that you need to take out a 24 month contract and pay 5 a month extra to get roaming -- ie no phone, 24 month commitment for sim-only at full price!

Comment

Just been on the phone to EE -- they have confirmed to me that you can't get roaming on sim-only. You have to buy a phone and commit to 24 month contract.

Completely absurd -- EE are demonstrating a textbook way to launch poorly and alienate customers who are bending over backwards to show them goodwill.

Comment

You would think in the current business climate they would be doing more to encourage customers not less. Idiots!

Comment

Originally posted by hal View Post
                              Just been on the phone to EE -- they have confirmed to me that you can't get roaming on sim-only. You have to buy a phone and commit to 24 month contract.

Completely absurd -- EE are demonstrating a textbook way to launch poorly and alienate customers who are bending over backwards to show them goodwill.
                              Yet i was on the phone to them earlier, person spoke to a manager who said you CAN use the 5 roaming on sim only and put my through to a sales team to arrange the order and this person was not sure so went to check, put me on hold and then cut me off.......that was an hour ago now and they have not called me back.

Jesus if the deals were not bad enough and the website not clear enough, trusting them is also becoming a big issue

Comment

I am not impressed by the SIM only tariffs at all - especially the lack of the 8GB one (although I'd not pay that sort of money anyway).

A SIM-only deal on The One Plan is so much better value, even if you can't get 4G or the roaming deal. That said, you can use the European roaming deal at 5 per day for unlimited data, which is fine for short business trips/weekend breaks.

I'm going to CES in January, and am getting a SIM card for use in Las Vegas (http://www.mysimplemobile.com*). It's better to just swap SIM (or bring a second device) than pay all that money for something that will offer data roaming in the USA.

* Bear in mind that the '4G' mentioned on the site is in fact HSPA+/DC-HSPA and works with any 3G mobile. 4G <> 4G LTE!

Comment

Working...
                                X